LATEST EDUCATION NEWS | OLDER EDUCATION NEWS
- May 21, 2011 : Astro-Zone, Boston Museum of Science
- June 4, 2011 : World Science Festival, NYC
- Oct 15-18, 2011 : ASTC Meeting, Baltimore MD (partnering with LASM with our "Future Space" exhibit!)
- Oct 27-30, 2011 : SACNAS, San Jose, CA
- Nov 5-6, 2011 : Texas Science and Engineering Festival, Austin TX (FREE to the public!)
- Nov 17-19, 2011 : CAST Meeting, Dallas TX (exhibit island 204)
OLDER EDUCATION NEWS
- Mar 20, 2011: MMS fully participates in Sun-Earth Day (http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/). MMS provides "Space Weather" CDs for all packets, plus for public and teacher events through the year. MMS sponsored the Sun-Earth Day activities at the Houston Museum of Natural Science seen in these images...
- Feb 5, 2011: MMS partners with NickIndia to get students excited about space.
- NickIndia interview with Dr. Patricia Reiff [4:16] Feb 2011
- RobinAge Vol 3, No 46 : "Dreaming of Space"
- Deccan Herald, SIFY news | Indiaedunews.com : "Here's your child's ticket to NASA"
- afaqs.com | Mediainfoworld.com | Scienceray.com | Dishtracking.com | glamgold.com : "Get your ticket to NASA with Nickelodeon's Young Astronauts!"
- mommygolightly : "Of mobile planetariums and a ticket to NASA"
- Bestmediainfo.com : "Nickelodeon Brings Kids One Step Closer To NASA"
- Indiantelevision.com | Spacecity.com | Dishtracking.com : "Mumbai Kids Come One Step Closer to NASA"
- Indiatimes.com | Soccernews.com | Webindia123.com : "Nickelodeon to select 5 Indian kids to attend NASAs space camp"
- 24duniya.com : "Nickelodeon to select 5 Indian kids to attend NASAs space camp"
- Asianage.com : "Outer space calling India"
- Alwarpet Times, Chennai, 13 to 19 February 2011 | Nungai Times, Chennai, 13 to 19 February 2011 : "Chennai kids come one step closer to NASA!"
- Indian Express, Hyderabad, 01-30-10 | The Hindu, Chennai, 01-29-11 : "Future Astronauts"
- Avantika, Indore, 01-29-11 | Insaaf ka Prayaas, Indore, 01-30-11 : "Win ticket to NASA by taking part in Young Astronaut"
- DNA Ya, Mumbai, 02-20-11 : "Discovering the discovery dome"
- Spectrum Tribune, Delhi, 02-20-11 : "Your child's ticket to NASA"
- DNA (After Hours), Ahmedabad, 02-18-11 : "Giving wings to little dreams"
- Bengal Post, Kolkata, 02-17-11 : "New wings for Gen Y to fly"
- The Hindu, Chennai, 02-12-11 | The New Indian Express, Bangalore, 02-15-11 : "Reach for the stars"
- News Today, Chennai, 02-12-10 : "For budding astronauts"
- Gujarat Niti, Ahmedabad, 02-08-11
- Hindustan Times - HT Cafe, Mumbai 02-07-11 : "Now this is rocket science"
- Asian Age, Mumbai 02-05-11 | Asian Age, New Delhi, 02-06-11 : "Outer space calling India"
- Afternoon D&C, Mumbai 02-07-11 : "Young Dreams"
- Virath Vaibhav, 02-04-11
- Amar Ujala, 02-05-11
- Rajasthan Patrika, 02-07-11
- Rashtriya Sahara, New Delhi, 02-06-11 : "Kids will be able to go to NASA"
- Jan 15, 2011: NASA Space Day at the University of Texas, Brownsville, was held Jan 15. Approximately 270 participants attended the Friday evening session (which had a keynote speech by Dr. Carlton Allen of JSC, plus the dome show), and 610 students with 180 teachers attended on the Saturday event. This annual event is now being expanded nationwide.
- Jan 8, 2011: AstroZone in Seattle (sponsored by AAS and NASA missions) was held Jan 8, Seattle Center, Washington.
- Dec 16, 2010: GIFT Workshop (Geophysical Information For Teachers) held for teachers at the Fall AGU meeting in San Francisco. These professional development opportunities allow science teachers to learn about the latest research in Earth and space science from prominent scientists engaged in making the most recent discoveries and to actively engage in classroom activities that tie to this cutting-edge research.
- Dec 12, 2010: Exploration Station was held at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
- Nov 6, 2010: Sally Ride Science Festival at Rice University was held November 6. 1250 middle-school girls plus parents and teachers came to the street fair, the astronaut talk (this year Wendy Lawrence) and workshops
- Sep 29, 2010: Pat Reiff presented a lecture on the "Sounds of Space" at Space Camp For The Blind.
- Aug 8-10, 2010: Planetarium dome demonstrations given to teachers, to students, and to AGU scientists as part of "The Meeting of the Americas" in Iguazu Falls, Brazil.